Friday, November 18, 2011

Dear Mr. Meloy


Dear Mr. Meloy,

I am writing you because I am compelled to let you know just what I think of you and your so-called "songs".

Your voice sends shock waves through my soul and a simple waver in your voice evokes an emotion, that at times, I am not sure if it is mine or yours. What you sing might just be a song, but to me, it is a feeling that is encapsulated in a string. The moment it is plucked, it is released from it's wired cage and shoots directly through the heart of me. I may not know the meaning behind what you have written, but the way you translate a song with your voice, I know exactly how you felt. You have a talent beyond most, that not only am I transformed through your words, but lifted at the same time through your sound. You create a feeling of want in me, for something that I never knew I wanted and I am not even sure what it is that I want. Thank you for making this world a better place by simply using what you were blessed with and for reminding me of what it is like to feel when I thought I had no feeling left.


No comments:

Post a Comment